Good Afternoon folks and welcome to another entry in The Vitiligo Diaries. It’s been awhile since we last spoke, but not to worry, I’m back!
Starting a blog is hard. I have been working on my site for 3 months now and getting it off the ground is much more difficult than I thought it would be. There are so many working parts to building a blog. Not only do you have to have fresh, well-written content, but you have to be exciting and unique, offering something that others want.
Personally, I feel that I am unique and exciting, but translating it to a page has presented the following difficulties.
- I think I am hilarious.. will others think I am hilarious?
- WRITERS BLOCK
- How does a girl with so much shit to say, all of a sudden have nothing to say?
- How do I produce quality content over and over again?
- Too much competition
- How do I generate buzz and traffic around my site?
- How do other blogs stay so relevant and current?
- Is my site to broad? Or should I corner a niche?
- I like having different options to write about, and my interests cover a large area.
- How do I make Money?
- Blogging is all good and fun, but eventually, (after you’ve gained a dedicated audience), it needs to start monetizing.
Now, I know some of you may be thinking, Komal, those are excellent points, how are you going to overcome this? Well….I’M NOT SURE YET, OK.
So, I don’t have the answers, and for right now, that’s OK. This is a work in progress.
I am going to go with my gut and keep doing me. As Kevin Heart would say…