Not that we needed anymore sweets in the house…currently we have pecan pie, ice cream (who can have pie without ice cream?), angel food cake AND cookies in the house…
Can you tell my pregnant sweet tooth is getting OUT OF CONTROL.
First trimester I was all “fruits are great, they are satisfying my sugar cravings.”
Second trimester we are driving past the governor’s house and I’m yelling out the window for him to open more ice cream stores with longer hours.
Yes. That is a true story. Justin had to lock the windows on me!
Anyways, a few weeks ago we grabbed lunch a Lincoln’s Landing, a local spot here in Swampscott, MA.
I ordered Nutella French Toast with berries and whipped cream all of a sudden, all the feelings I had for Nutella came flooding back.
I don’t eat it that often and I forgot how much I LOVE the hazelnut goodness.
At the same time, I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls ALL of quarantine but haven’t been able to find any GD YEAST ANYWHERE.
Like shit. Everyone became a baker these last 3 months.
One of my IG blogger friends, Avni (aka. thecurriedcook), took pity on my pregnant ass and mailed me a few packets.
SO, when I woke up this morning I was feeling it. I need cinnamon rolls and I need Nutella.
NUTELLA CINNAMON ROLLS.
This recipe is actually really easy to make. Don’t be intimidated by the yeast! With proof time and cooking, your looking at a little over an hour + the Nutella is just so easy to spread.
Top with cream cheese frosting. Always. That like HAS to happen on cinnamon rolls. & eat warm.
People who eat cinnamon rolls cold without extra frosting are savages.
Sorry, you are.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
- 1 ½ tbsp. instant yeast
- ½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup milk warm
- 1 egg
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- Nutella to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- ½ cup butter softened
- cup cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. milk
For the rolls
- In a small bowl mix yeast with the warm water and sugar. Let is sit for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- In your mixer add melted butter with milk and the yeast mixture to it. Mix together and then add the egg, flour and salt.
- With your mixer on medium low, mix for 3-5 minutes until dough pulls away from bowl and has come together.
- Form the dough into a ball, and grease the sides of the mixer bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rise for 45 minutes or until it doubles in size in a warm place.
- Remove the dough from bowl and place on a floured counter and roll out into a 14x19 rectangle.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds and spread all over the dough with a knife.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and roll into log shape. Use a knife to cut into 4cm pieces.
- Place rolls in a greased pie dish or baking tray, cover with damp cloth and let them rise in a warm place for 15 minutes,
- While they are resting preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until rolls are golden and are baked through.
- When cooked let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before frosting.
- In your mixer, whisk butter and cream cheese together until combined. Then add in powdered sugar and whisk until combined. If the icing is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of milk to thin out.
- Top frosting over warm rolls. Serve and enjoy!
Oh my, It has been such a long time since I have made cinnamon rolls for the family. I like your version with nutella and cream cheese frosting. I am saving the recipe and making this soon. Yummy!
Your nutella cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting look amazing and tempting. Im sure my family would love these. How could you not? Bookmarking for next time I cheat on my keto diet.
I love nutella but in a roll I have never tried. This recipe sounds exciting to me. I will try it out…
You had me at “Nutella”! Cinnamon rolls combined with Nutella sounds amazing. I will try this one weekend!
Hahaha I love your pregnancy stories at the start. Too funny. Cinnamon rolls are not keto approved so I’ll just drool through the screen!
Wow, these cinnamon rolls look amazing! I have never tried cinnamon rolls with Nutella before, but I definitely have to give it a try sometime.
Yeast and me and not the best of friends but this quasi-lockdown, I’ll try her. I promise. Lol. I’m not preggers but I totally get the cravings and try to control them by baking (yes, that’s me lol) simple desserts without yeast ofc or making no-bake freezer desserts with fruit. Natural sweetness and healthy too.
This is so good. Thanks for inspiring me!
glad you liked it!