For my birthday my besties got me a bunch of cute serving dishes, including this brown wooden bowl.
When Justin saw it, he was like “can’t you imagine a bunch of biscuits just sitting in this bowl?” LOL.
I think he was passively asking me to make biscuits, so, well, I did!
I am a huge fan of honey biscuits and I also love me some jalapeño biscuits. Jalapeños are my favorite food after all.
In this recipe I combined the sweet and spicy flavors with a traditional butter biscuit and it is BOMB.
Of course, I added more honey and butter to the warm biscuits right out of the oven.
A little cheddar action would probably be good with these too. It’s winter still so no counting calories over here, k?
Love you guys!
Honey Jalapeno Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter unsalted and frozen
- ½ cup honey or more to taste
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and jalapeño.
- Grate butter into bowl.
- With your hands combine flour mixture and butter.
- Pour in honey and milk or buttermilk and stir until incorporated.
- Turn dough out on to a floured surface and roll out dough to about 1 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with cookie cutter or a glass and add to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake on 425 for 10-12 minutes or until browned.