Summertime for me and J means LOTS of desserts. We both have major sweet tooth’s…
Especially now that I am pregnant, I can’t end the night without something sweet.
SOMEONE HELP ME.
We both really love berries…strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.
We also both really love PIE.
We served pie as a dessert (along with cookies) at our wedding.
If you don’t like pie, I don’t trust you…for real though.
Not gonna lie. I’ve gone full lazy girl in the last few months.
We bought a house and moved from the city to the suburbs, so its taken a lot out of me with unpacking and decorating and just getting everything in the house situated, while working full time from home.
+ I’m in that “achy” phase of pregnancy where my back is fucking killing me.
Like, I’m talking serious pain. UGH.
Anyways, pie is making me feel better…well cobbler, because I am too fucking lazy to make a pie dough from scratch, roll it out and bake it.
So, for the lazy girl who want’s a pie-esque dish, DEF go for the cobbler.
This dish can be made with any type of berries, or even peaches. I think peaches would be super good in this dish too. Peach cobbler is classic.
ALWAYS top with ice-cream. You won’t be disappointed.
Now- go show off and make this cobbler for your friends. Or, just for you, because you’re worth it.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- Cinnamon to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ + 2 tbsps. cup sugar
- ⅓ cup whole milk or heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ tsps. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
For the Filling
For the Topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Add berries and mix until coated.
- Add lemon juice and zest and mix to combine.
- Scoop the berries to an 8-inch square baking dish (I used mini cast iron skillets).
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk or heavy cream, melted butter and vanilla together in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the dough with a spoon or small ice cream scoop into equal pieces and place on top of the berry filling. They should be evenly spaced and not be touching. Sprinkle each mound of dough with the remaining 2 tsps. sugar.
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and the top is golden brown and cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes. Should look like a golden biscuit.
- Rotate your pan halfway through baking.
- When cooked place the pan to a wire rack and let cool for at least 20 minutes; serve warm or at room temperature with a big ass scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Wow Komal, this looks amazing! Now, I’m seriously hungry and I want to have a go a making this later this evening.
As someone with a sweet tooth, this got me good. I can definitely resonate with you and all I’m going to say is that it is worth it. 😀
I love blueberries so much. This recipe is perfect for Sunday afternoon snack with coffee
Looks so luscious. You make me want some. I am thinking of doing your recipe this weekend. I will make my baby try as well 🙂
This looks incredible and please you’re pregnant eat as much as you want, everything will go back to normal after baby!!
I would willingly indulge in this delicious treat, even if I know my diabetic cells would go into a frenzy! Who could say no to this! Thanks for the recipe and don’t worry about packing the pounds. Stay happy and eat whatever you crave for!
I don’t recall having made a cobbler before. I’ve made crumbles of various kinds. This sounds wonderful I do love berries!
I make a really good dairy free vegan cobbler, it also has some berries too.
OOOO! What do you out in it instead of cream?
I’ve never made cobbler before I can’t wait to try this!
Wow this looks yum and delicious and also I love berries I would love to try this recipe I’m sure my mom would love this!
This is such a fantastic recipe! I have almost all the ingredients and I’m out of dessert, so I might as well try this! Aditi x
What All I Packed in my Hospital Bag