Happy Monday Ya’ll!
This week I am switching it up from the last 3 weeks of non-stop summer treats, here, here and here.
This week I am mixing sweet and spicy, combining my favorite food with Justin’s favorite fruit.
As you guys know, I LOVE HEAT.
Not like sun heat – no sun, SPF 100 and shade for me please. (hair flip)
but like burn my mouth, make my lips feel tingly, that kind of heat.
Obvi talking about PEPPERS. Jalapeno peppers to be exact.
Justin’s fave summertime fruit is peaches. When he was a kid he used to get down on peach cobbler (which I have yet to make this summer….I haven’t made any pies this summer, I need to get on that).
Peaches are luscious, sweet and juicy and while jalapenos are fresh, crisp, have heat and a very slight sweetness.
I top some sort of rustic crunchy bread with caramelized peaches, fresh jalapenos, herbs and cheese.
I am a huge fan of mixing sweet and savory together & this dish makes the perfect summer time snack.
Let me set the scene for you:
a nice chilled glass of white wine, you on your porch, sunset, and a piece of this amazing toast.
It’s giving you the feels right?!
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 peaches pitted and sliced into half moons
- 1 jalapeno sliced into thin circles
- 3 slices crunchy bread
- ½ cup basil chiffonade
- ½ cup mint chiffonade
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. bourbon or dark rum
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 cup Brebisrousse d’Argental cheese (or any soft goat spreadable cheese)
- sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- red pepper flake to taste
- olive oil to taste
- White wine vinegar to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss together peaches, lemon juice, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Melt butter and sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peaches and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add bourbon and cook until reduced, about 1 minute.
- Set aside.
- Add peaches, jalapeno, mint, basil and salt to a bowl. Add olive oil and vinegar to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- Toast bread with olive oil in a grill pan. Take garlic clove and rub all over toast and let sit to combine flavors for 2 minutes.
- Spread Brebisrousse d’Argental on each piece of toast and season with more salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add peach mixture on top.
This sounds so nice, I am always stuck with snack or lunch ideas and this would be perfect I am going to have to try this x
This recipe sounds very yummy. I would love to try it one day. Looks like a dish my husband would love.
This sounds interesting and delicious. The combination of the sweetness of peaches and the spiciness of the jalapenos sounds really good. Oh and the goat cheese! My husband and sons would love this!
Wow This looks yummy and healthy I would love to try this at home!
This is the perfect snack to have during the afternoon around tea time. Also good to make for a soccer game or a cricket match to munch on while watching the game .
Anything with Jalapenos.. Give me that! Haha! That goat cheese is interesting though.. haven’t yet tasted so looking forward to the first.
hah, we are the same! give me the heat!
Goat Cheese Toast with Caramelized Peaches and Spicy Jalapenos looks and sounds interesting. The combination of peaches, jalapenos and goat cheese is not something I would of ever thought to try.
I look forward to trying this. It looks so tantalizing. I really like jalapeños but first time hearing of caramelized peaches. This is worth trying.