Summer is finally here, and I am ALL ABOUT the fresh tastes.
There is something about a super seasonal, fresh tasting dish during the summer that just GETS ME.
During my pregnancy I haven’t really been craving anything weird.
First trimester it was fruits and popsicles and now, in the 2nd its ice cream…every night haha.
THIS. Is not a ice cream dish, but a dish that I crave all the time, pregnant or not, PASTA.
This pasta dish features a no bake tomato sauce so its super tangy, light and of course FRESH.
J and I have started to plant our own tomatoes, so I hope they came up quickly, so I can keep making this pasta without having to buy tomatoes.
I used heirloom tomatoes for my dish, but feel free to use roma, beefsteak, or even cherry!
This dish is based off a Bon Appetit recipe!
Hope you enjoy.
- 1-1/2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes
- 1 lb. bucatini or linguini
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsps. butter cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tsps. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Cut tomatoes in half across the middle and squeeze out seeds into a small bowl.
- Chop seeded tomatoes into small pieces.
- Transfer the cut tomatoes into a large bowl and mash with a back of a spoon to release more juices.
- In the same bowl add grated garlic cloves, butter, vinegar, oil, salt, red pepper flakes and half of the Parmesan.
- Toss it all to combine, cover and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes to 5 hours and let marinate.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Salt the water.
- Once pasta is cooked, using tongs, transfer pasta to bowl with tomatoes and toss, toss, toss! The hot pasta should melt the butter and cheese so that the sauce thickens.
- Taste the pasta and add more salt, red pepper flake as needed.
- Add the basil and toss again.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan and drizzle with olive oil!
Share this Recipe
Looks so yummy. I am going to try with gluten-free pasta. Honestly, I needed inspiration for this week. Your post is right on time.
This looks delicious and easy to make, especially if you don’ t have much time to prepare a meal. Love pasta too, I hope I can try it with home made pasta soon.
This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe, will try this. Hope it goes well!!! 🙂
Wow, this pasta looks so delicious! I love to eat freshly made foods especially pasta sauces.
It seems really refreshing and totally easy to do, will try it this weekend for a summer party in the garden! Thank you 🙂
We have our own family reciepe, so we don’t use any other lol
a no cook recipe? i never understand why people leave comments like these…if you don’t like or don’t want to use it, that’s fine, but the comment brings zero value or feedback.
This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe; with so many summer picnic opportunities coming up I can’t wait to try it!
It seems really easy to make and it does look really yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
I do something similar but with pesto and I wanna start making my own pesto with veg I have. Looks so delish and it’s also healthy for you.
i love pesto! i recently made an Asian style pesto. it was so good!