Keeping it short and sweet for you all today!
So, rude of me.
This past weekend Justin and I were in Maryland and visited this really cute town called Chesapeake Beach. It was full of antiques shops, fresh ocean air and amazing restaurants.
Though the food was homey and definitely hit the spot, the item that caught my eye was the cranberry sangria.
It is one of my favorite adult beverages and is perfect for any season. Who doesn’t love a punch of wine and seasonal fruit?
The bartender shared her recipe with me; it’s easy, quick and more importantly enjoyable boozy.
I’ve spiced up her recipe with the addition of fresh herbs and whole spices.
You all know about my obsession with spices.
This sangria will prove to be a sure fire hit at your up and coming holiday parties! Xx
- 1 Bottle of Cabernet - or red wine of choice
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Cup Brandy
- 1 Orange
- 1 Apple
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 Whole Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Clove
- Sparkling water - optional
- Cut fruit into small pieces and place in a pitcher
- Pour brandy over the fruit.
- Then the wine.
- Add all the spices and thyme.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Before serving add a touch of sparkling water to the sangria – optional.
- If the spices are too intense for you I recommended using the sparkling water to help balance out the flavors.
- If you aren’t into the spices at all, eliminate them! The sangria will be just as good!